일요일, 2월 21, 2010

Fingerprint Requirement For a Work-Study Job?

Fingerprint Requirement For a Work-Study Job?
Source: http://ask.slashdot.org/story/10/02/20/233200/Fingerprint-Requirement-For-a-Work-Study-Job

BonesSB writes:
QUOTE: "I'm a student at a university in Massachusetts, where I have a federal work-study position. Yesterday, I got an email from the office that is responsible for student run organizations (one of which I work for) saying that I need to go to their office and have my finger prints taken for the purposes of clocking in and out of work. This raises huge privacy concerns for me, as it should for everybody else. I am in the process of contacting the local newspaper, getting the word out to students everywhere, and talking directly to the office regarding this. I got an email back with two very contradictory sentences: 'There will be no image of your fingerprints anywhere. No one will have access to your fingerprints. The machine is storing your prints as a means of identifying who you are when you touch it.' Does anybody else attend a school that requires something similar? This is an obvious slippery slope, and something I am not taking lightly. What else should I do?"

-----
What the fuck is going on? requires fingerprint for a federal work-study?
i think this makes privacy violation.
although
QUOTE: 'There will be no image of your fingerprints anywhere. No one will have access to your fingerprints. The machine is storing your prints as a means of identifying who you are when you touch it.'
who know? ;)

Cheers,
June

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기